26 May The Importance of Sleep
I think if we were to stop any adult on the street and ask them what they need more of, one of the most popular answers would be sleep. We are a society that goes, goes, goes by depending and living off of caffeine! Just ask Starbucks.
If you are one those people who feel stuck in this endless cycle of sleep depravity, this is what you need to know about the importance of sleep and the toll it takes on your body:
- Sleep is essential in order to be able to retain information and focus efficiently daily.
- Sleep is essential in order to maintain a healthy emotional well-being.
- Sleep helps heal and repair your heart and blood vessels.
- Sleep helps control your hormones which support healthy growth and development with children, teens, and monitors blood glucose level.
- If you want to avoid getting sick and maintain a healthy immune system, the proper amount of sleep is mandatory.
- Psychologically, not getting the proper amount of sleep can also aid the brain in making poor judgment calls and can force delayed reflex reactions.
- And last, but certainly not least, not getting the proper amount of sleep can cause you to gain weight by craving the wrong foods and skipping work-outs leaving your metabolism in an uproar!
If you are guilty of this, it’s time to change your lifestyle! Stop in and visit us at either one of our two store locations, and we will get you started on the proper healthy lifestyle regimen.
Yours in health,