Sleep Your Way to a Healthier You!
Does diet or exercise matter more for health?
This is a common argument among those living an active lifestyle. It’s easy to see how lacking in either one of these areas can make your goals harder to achieve, but, one important piece of the puzzle is missing from this argument.
The Importance of Sleep
Sleep is one of the most important, but often overlooked, aspects of good health. Those who sleep a healthy 7-9 hours a night, are more likely to perform their best. Proper sleep also helps in regulating body composition, and fighting off cravings. Those who sleep less than 6 hours a night will be more prone to sickness and obesity over the course of their life.
When we are under-slept, we’re less likely to be physically active, and more likely to eat the non-nutritious foods we crave. Whether your goal is muscle gain or fat loss, the road to results will be slowed by lack of sleep.
Sleep is not only important to our physical health, but our mental health as well. Good sleep is a crucial component to keeping our brain functioning sharply. Our ability to focus and our mood tends to dip with less sleep.
If you tend to toss and turn at night, and find it difficult to get to sleep, consider optimizing your environment by:
- Eating dinner at least 3 hours before you go to bed.
- Refraining from working/watching tv in bed.
- Limiting bright lights in the 30 minutes to an hour before bed (especially those from screens).
- Developing a de-stress routine at the end of the day.
- Developing some regularity in your sleeping patterns (going to sleep and waking up around the same time).
- Sleeping in a cold, dark room.
Supplementation is another option for those of us who don’t find sleep comes easily at night.
A proper sleep supplement will include:
- Melatonin the hormone your body releases when it’s time for sleep.
- 5-HTP to assist in the production of melatonin.
- Vitamin B6 to produce serotonin and melatonin to regulate mood and lead to peaceful sleep.
- Magnesium which can activate the parasympathetic nervous system leading to a state of calm.
- Zinc which reduces the amount of time it takes to fall asleep and assist in achieving deep sleep.
- Collagen peptides containing glycine which helps the body naturally reduce its body temperature and prepare for sleep.
Luckily our 1-XPM sleep formula contains all these ingredients in their proper doses!
Taking a quality supplement like 1-XPM is a great way to ensure you get a refreshing and full night’s sleep every night.
See the difference for yourself when you’re sharper at work, more energized, and feeling better in every way!
To keep your body and brain healthy, and get the most out of your workouts start each day feeling rested and ready to take on anything with good sleep!